Pupil funds and loans are meant for pupils that are studying at e.g. university university, college or vocational university. You can also apply for student grants and loans for studies at compulsory and upper secondary level at Komvux (adult education college) or folk high school if you are over the age of 20.
Dining dining Table of articles
- Information because of the Corona virus
- Size of funds and loans it is possible to get
- Demands and conditions
- Application, research assurance and payment
- Offer notification if you feel sick or if such a thing modifications
- Repaying the education loan
- Appealing against a choice by CSN
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English speech
The mortgage you have to pay off. It is possible to select to use entirely for the grant, if you don’t desire to just just take a loan out. The loan features a low interest and will not need any protection, and you might be able to settle it more than a any period of time. In 2020, the attention price is 0.16 %.
Information as a result of the Corona virus
Read more on how the Corona virus affect the learning pupil funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans you’ll receive
exactly How big is the funds and student education loans you can receive depends e.g. on
- your price of research (full-time or part-time)
- the amount of days you’re learning for
- the dimensions of your income.
|1 week, SEK||4 months, SEK||20 weeks, SEK|
|Grant||823||3 292||16 460|
|Student loan||1 892||7 568||37 840|
|Total||2 715||10 860||54 300|
Other funds and loans as you are able to apply for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow more income.
- For those who have custody of kids beneath the chronilogical age of 18, you’ll make an application for extra kid allowance.
- You can apply for a supplementary loan if you have worked in the past and received a certain minimum income. You’ll receive this as of the year you turn 25.
- You may receive an increased grant element in your student aid if you are studying at compulsory or upper secondary level and satisfy certain conditions. You could get this if you’re learning for a complementary academic programme leading to a subject teacherâ€™s degree. Whenever you submit an application for pupil funds and loans, CSN checks whether you might be eligible to the increased grant, so that you need not make an application for it.
- When you yourself have extra costs related to your studies, you are able to in a few situations make an application for one more loan. For instance, you might have charges for dual housing or even for particular trips.
When your earnings surpasses the earnings limitation
The earnings limitation temporarily eliminated during 2020
As a result of Corona crisis the earnings limitation is temporarily eliminated during 2020, in the event that you learn with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). Which means your earnings during 2020 will not impact just exactly exactly how much pupil funds and loans it is possible to get.
You’ll get earnings up to certain quantity without your pupil funds and loans being impacted. The earnings limitation is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. In the event your earnings surpasses the income limitation, you aren’t entitled to the level that is same of and loans.
The earnings limitation is determined by just how several weeks you might be learning for and whether you’re learning full-time or part-time. The income limit is SEK 90 075 for example, if you are going to studying full-time with student grants and loans for 20 weeks in a calendar half-year. You can observe your revenue limitation in the choice you receive from CSN.
Needs and conditions
Different demands and conditions needs to be pleased to enable one to be eligible to student help.
- The training you will be going to must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You must be registered on your own courses.
- Your studies needs to be at least 50 percent of full-time and payday loans Devon must endure for at minimum three days.
- You should be underneath the chronilogical age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases from the you turn 47 year.
- you’ll maybe maybe not receive specific other advantages during the exact same time as getting pupil funds and loans, such as for example task support, sickness advantage and introduction advantage.
- You are able to just get pupil funds and loans for a limited period of time. The amount of time is determined by the training degree that you might be learning:
- University university, university or several other post-secondary training: a optimum of 240 days
- Upper level that is secondary a optimum of 80 or 120 days, dependent on your past training
- Compulsory college degree: at the most 40, 80 or 100 months, based on your past training and exactly what you’re learning.
- When you have formerly studied with pupil funds and loans or an training entry grant, you have to have pleased certain requirements in regards to credits so that you can get brand new pupil funds and loans. Certain demands credits that are regarding dependent on which program you’re learning.
- When you yourself have unpaid yearly costs or needs for more than one duration, you might not get pupil funds and loan. Contact CSN to learn more.
- If you should be planning to learn abroad, unique rules use.
Extra stipulations for international citizens
If you’re a international resident, you need certainly to satisfy unique conditions to become entitled to Swedish pupil finance. When you have a permanent residence permit and reside in Sweden, you’ll usually be entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
For those who have gotten a short-term residence license through the Swedish Migration Agency since you have refugee status or comparable, you might be also often entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
In addition, different rules use based on whether you might be a resident of the nation within or outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland.